Many retailers are looking for ways to capitalise on people who use their mobile phones to make purchasing decisions. They look at responsive websites, which is a good thing. They look at tools like Google Adwords, Facebook and other forms of marketing. They bring in the SEO people to look at their websites. They tend to overlook Foursquare.
Why is Foursquare important?
- You might be surprised, but lots of people do use it, locals and tourists.
- It’s free.
- It’s easy to use.
- They have already come up with loads of marketing concepts such as loyalty, vouchers, special deals for everyone or just mayors?
- The have tools such as posters for your windows and posters for staff to be aware of deals.
- People look for specials, deals and recommendations.
- People look for things to do.
- Retailers spend loads of money on one day deals, giving away valuable profit, but they don’t use this awesome free service. Why not offer deals and not have to pay someone else.
It’s simple to use, it’s quick to set up and its free. What more do you you need me to tell you? If you do need help, by all means give me a call. I’m happy to consult to you and give you a hand, but you might find you can just do it yourself.
Just to give you some insights, based around Auckland where I live.
- The Census figures aren’t out yet, as it was cancelled after the Christchurch earthquakes. 2 Years ago the population was 1.377 million people. We know it has grown significantly.
- There are at least 10,000 destination businesses in Auckland including around 3,000 jus in the Food & Beverage segment according to the Department of Statistics Industry Profiler.
- There are 30 destinations in Auckland with specials in the Auckland region. 14 of them are Burger Fuel restaurants offering a free glass bottle of coke from the fridge with a burger purchase, 2 are Parallel Imported who offer a free car charger if you buy a mobile worth more than $100 that isn’t an iPhone and that leaves only 14 other individual businesses offering deals.
- If you are a retailer in Auckland, it will be really easy for people to find you if you want to offer deals, there is hardly any competition at all.
The few that are offering deals are being smart about it. Have a look at the link above, or have a look in whatever city or town you are in, anywhere in the world, just go to Foursquare and try it.
Have a look at what deals other companies are offering to get an idea of what might be smart and profitable for you.