Are you planning on buying a home? Do you know someone who is looking right now? If yes, subscribe to this blog or tell a friend, because I’m currently writing an eBook that will help. I will be sharing a lot of the eBook subject matter in this blog and will be inviting comments and discussion.
What makes this blog series and eBook different from others is that it focusses on Location Based Services (LBS) and applications. It is about mapping, GPS and tools that can help you be better prepared.
What will you learn about in these blogs? Lots! Including:
- How to use web sites with maps to research before you hop in your car.
- What questions you need to consider about the neighborhood and how to find the answers.
- What sort of mobile and tablet applications will help you find the property you seek.
- How to keep track of what you have seen. What features, pro’s and cons belong to what property?
- How to identify potential risks such as crime, flood, slips, noise.
- How to assess current value and future value.
- Getting around. Commuting, shopping, schools and zones, work, health and entertainment all make up elements of happy home life.
- How to decide which real estate agent to use, or if you even want to use one.
- How to use social media and your network to get trustworthy information.
The key to buying the house you will lovingly call home is research. The better prepared you are, the less likely it will be that you are pressured into making a hasty or bad decision.
Location Based Services and Mobile are the keys to unlocking the information you need.
As you can see from my LinkedIn profile, I have spent many years in the mapping, location and mobile industries. I have also owned my own homes and investment properties.
I have consulted to and had several realtor clients in the real estate industry. I know my stuff.